Free cancellation up to 3 days before
(see our Terms and Condition policy)
Explore with our storyteller the true soul of Koenji, a haven of retro kissaten (coffee shops) and cheap eateries; populated by niche stores and dusk-lit lanterns that give the neighborhood an upbeat charm.
- Explore the neighborhood renowned for the music scene and the assortment of vintage shops.
- Have a drink with a snack with your friend in town.
Koenji was a farming settlement on the outskirts of Tokyo. It developed after the Great Kanto Earthquake in 1923 and became the center of Tokyo’s punk movement in the seventies. Today Koenji is beloved by youngsters because of the wide selection of second-hand and vintage shops, unexpensive old-fashioned restaurants, pubs, and a still lively musical scene.
You find everywhere young musicians looking for fame who perform on the street while groups of young people drink and eat outdoor while enjoying the neighborhood atmosphere.
Stroll through the lively Koenji area, filled with stores, izakaya, bars and people reveling in the vibe. Before going back to Shinjuku enjoy a drink with a snack in one of the many Japanese taverns.
We will provide accurate details of meeting point at time of confirmation
English speaking “TRAVEL STORYTELLER“ escorting you through enchanting and hidden Tokyo corners
Drink and snack in Koenji bar
Small group tour: max 5 participants
Every Sunday from April 11, 2021
Start time: 17:00 (meeting time 16:45)
Make sure to be there at least 15 minutes ahead.
End time: 19:00
Number of participants:
Tour is operated with 2 participants. Max number: 5
HOW TO BOOK?
HOW TO BOOK
- Click BOOK NOW button
- Select the date, number of people and other options displayed
- Click CHECK AVAILABILITY
- Click VIEW BASKET (If you have a Coupon code, write it in the specific field and click APPLY COUPON, otherwise skip it)
- Click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT
- Insert the required data and click REQUEST CONFIRMATION. You’ll see “Order received” in you screen.
- Once we confirm your booking, you’ll receive an email with a link for the payment: if you logged out your InsideOutJapan Account, you need to re-enter the email and password that you created during the booking.
- Once payment is received, you’re ready for the activity!
- That’s it!
You can enter your account anytime to see your request and the status. For any questions contact us here.