TRADITION AND NATURE IN TOKYO
(see our Terms and Condition policy)
Starting from Kagurazaka, one of Edo’s old geisha districts, take a pleasant walk and explore one of the most peaceful and off the beaten path areas in Tokyo center, almost unknown even to its busy inhabitants.
A walk through Kagurazaka, Tokyo’s geisha historical district, and along Kanda river, visiting:
- Kagurazaka district
- Hide & Seek Alley and Hyogo Yokocho Alley
- Jizo dori shoutengai (old-fashioned japanese shopping street)
- Higo Hosokawa japanese landscape garden
This 3 hours morning tour will take you through Kagurazaka, Tokyo’s geisha historical district, nowadays a mix between japanese tradition and european style. The narrow paved streets, like Hide & Seek Alley and Hyogo Yokocho Alley, talk about a past almost completely gone, while the posh French and Italian restaurants and shops suggest the desire to discover the West. The well balanced mix between modern and old, traditional and european style it’s particularly pleasant in this off the beaten track district. Not far from Kagurazaka, the pleasant greenery of Kanda river will let you forget being in one of the biggest metropolis in the world.
Start the tour from Iidabashi station, on the JR Yamanote Line West exit.
Walk through the streets of Kagurazaka (closed to traffic on weekends), and exploring Hide & Seek Alley e Hyogo Yokocho alley, narrow paved street, part of the former geisha district.
After Kagurazaka head to Kanda river, passing through the peaceful and old-fashioned Jizo dori Shoutengai, one of the old style neighborhood shopping street so common in Japanese cities.
Kanda river, lined with greenery, will lead you to the beautiful and quiet Higo Hosokawa Garden, one of the hidden japanese landscape garden of Tokyo. After some relax in the garden reach Shibuya, in front of Hachiko statue, where the tour ends.
JR Iidabashi Station – West exit
English speaking “INSIDer BUDDY “ escorting you through enchanting and hidden Tokyo corners
Small group tour: max 8 participants
Entrance fees: No entrance fees in this tour.
Public transportation: No need of public transportation.
On Saturdays from April 3, 2021
Start time: 08:30 am (meeting time 08:15)
Make sure to be there at least 15 minutes ahead.
End time: 12:30 am
Number of participants:
Tour is operated with 2 passengers Max number: 8 participants
HOW TO BOOK?
HOW TO BOOK
- Click BOOK NOW button
- Select the date, number of people and other options displayed
- Click CHECK AVAILABILITY
- Click VIEW BASKET (If you have a Coupon code, write it in the specific field and click APPLY COUPON, otherwise skip it)
- Click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT
- Insert the required data and click REQUEST CONFIRMATION. You’ll see “Order received” in you screen.
- Once we confirm your booking, you’ll receive an email with a link for the payment: if you logged out your InsideOutJapan Account, you need to re-enter the email and password that you created during the booking.
- Once payment is received, you’re ready for the activity!
- That’s it!
You can enter your account anytime to see your request and the status. For any questions contact us here.