THE BEATING HEART OF TOKYO: THE DISTRICTS OF ASAKUSA, KAPPABASHI AND AMEYOKO
Free cancellation up to 3 days before
(see our Terms and Condition policy)
A relaxing walk through Tokyo’s easternmost neighborhoods. Savor the old-fashioned “shitamachi” flair and the venerable temples and shrines.
Take a walk in one of the most historic neighborhoods of Tokyo, visiting:
- Senso-Ji, the most important Buddhist temple in the town
- Nakamise-dori, a street filled with history
- The lively hoppy street, cramped with izakayas
- Kappabashi, the renowned tool street, selling goods for restaurants
- Explore the area around Ueno, walking through
- Ameyoko, one of the most colorful markets in Tokyo
Visit Tokyo’s most famous temple, the brightly colored Asakusa Kannon Temple, situated in the historical Asakusa district.
The Buddhist temple, with its five-story pagoda, is one of the most ancient in the city, been established back in the 7th century.
Located just outside the temple is the quaint Nakamise shopping area, a 200-meter street filled with charming shops selling traditional Japanese souvenirs and snacks. All around the temples busy shopping streets and old school restaurants make the area very pleasant to explore.
Not far away from the temple, we reach two of the most enchanting streets of Tokyo: Kappabashi and Ameyoko.
The first one, named after a Japanese water demon, is specialized in selling everything needed by restaurants.
Ameyoko, on the other side, is a market area born after World War Two as a black market selling also imported goods (mostly from the US ) hence the name recalling America.
Start the visit outside Asakusa Station on the Ginza line and reach the famous Kaminarimon, the access gate to the beloved Senso-Ji temple.
Pass through the colorful Nakamise-dori and, after visiting the main hall of the temple, stroll through the neighborhood.
Move to the Kappabashi and end the tour in Ameyoko market in Ueno.
We will provide accurate details of meeting point at time of confirmation
English speaking “TRAVEL STORYTELLER“ escorting you through enchanting and hidden Tokyo corners
Small group tour: max 8 participants
Every Monday from April 5, 2021
Start time: 10:00 (meeting time 09:45)
Make sure to be there at least 15 minutes ahead.
End time: 13:30
Number of participants:
Tour is operated with 2 participants. Max number: 8
HOW TO BOOK?
HOW TO BOOK
- Click BOOK NOW button
- Select the date, number of people and other options displayed
- Click CHECK AVAILABILITY
- Click VIEW BASKET (If you have a Coupon code, write it in the specific field and click APPLY COUPON, otherwise skip it)
- Click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT
- Insert the required data and click REQUEST CONFIRMATION. You’ll see “Order received” in you screen.
- Once we confirm your booking, you’ll receive an email with a link for the payment: if you logged out your InsideOutJapan Account, you need to re-enter the email and password that you created during the booking.
- Once payment is received, you’re ready for the activity!
- That’s it!
You can enter your account anytime to see your request and the status. For any questions contact us here.