SHICHIFUKUJIN, THE GODS OF FORTUNE
Free cancellation up to 3 days before
(see our Terms and Condition policy)
Following the temples dedicated to the God of Fortune Shichifukujin, discover the unique “shitamachi” (old) atmosphere of Yanaka and Ueno neighborhoods.
Explore the historic district full of temples and shrines and take a stroll through Ueno Park.
- Visit Bentendo, a small temple in the middle of Shinobazu pond
- Rest a bit in Tenno-ji temple, home of Bishamonten, to grip its peaceful atmosphere
- Walk among the small shops of Yanaka Ginza
- Pay a visit to Togaku-ji temple, where the god Fukurokujyu is enshrined
- Experience the Buddhist vibe and learn how to pray and the meaning of rituals
- Tiptoe into the real life of Japanese people
Shichifukujin, the Gods of Fortune, is a group of deities belonging to Indian, Chinese, and Japanese traditions.
All across Japan, they are particularly beloved, and many people pay respect to them at the beginning of the year, hoping to receive a bit of fortune and better afford the new year.
This tour, using Shichifukujin as a theme will let you discover one of the most peaceful and pretty neighborhood in Tokyo.
Starting from the historical Ueno park with its pond covered in lotus flower we will arrive in Yanaka, probably the most quiet and relaxing area of the city, full of small temples and shrines and filled with an atmoshpere of times gone by.
In Ueno park, the starting point of this three hours and a half tour, we will visit the Bentendo, a buddhist temple in the middle of the park pond and then move to Yanaka to enjoy its atmosphere.
Here we rest a while in the peaceful Tenno-ji temple, embellished with a big Buddha statue and then visit Yanaka Ginza, the little old style shopping street in the center of the neighborhood. End the tour visiting Togaku-ji temple, home of one of the Gods of Fortune.
We will provide accurate details of meeting point at time of confirmation
English speaking “TRAVEL STORYTELLER“ escorting you through enchanting and hidden Tokyo corners
Small group tour: max 8 participants
Every Tuesday and Thursday from April 6, 2021
Start time: 9:30 (meeting time 09:15)
Make sure to be there at least 15 minutes ahead.
End time: 13:00
Number of participants:
Tour is operated with 2 participants. Max number: 8
HOW TO BOOK?
HOW TO BOOK
- Click BOOK NOW button
- Select the date, number of people and other options displayed
- Click CHECK AVAILABILITY
- Click VIEW BASKET (If you have a Coupon code, write it in the specific field and click APPLY COUPON, otherwise skip it)
- Click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT
- Insert the required data and click REQUEST CONFIRMATION. You’ll see “Order received” in you screen.
- Once we confirm your booking, you’ll receive an email with a link for the payment: if you logged out your InsideOutJapan Account, you need to re-enter the email and password that you created during the booking.
- Once payment is received, you’re ready for the activity!
- That’s it!
You can enter your account anytime to see your request and the status. For any questions contact us here.